Sunday, April 14, 2013

Baby Steps

Well folks, I am both thrilled and rather sad to announce that the days of Ellie's one-legged scoot-crawl are numbered. Yesterday, she took her first steps!

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Because she is kind of a punk, she naturally chose a moment to do so while I was not around to witness it. We spend almost every single waking moment of every single day together, yet she chose one of the few days that I spent working (instead of just using her naptimes to do so) to take those first steps. Eric was entertaining her in the other room while I worked and apparently she was standing on her own, holding his iPhone, and he asked her to give the phone to him. Then, just like that, those little feet started moving forward - essentially unprompted and definitely unassisted. What a moment!

Naturally I was sad to miss it, but it's nice Eric was there to witness it (although in fairness, he also got the first smile, first laugh, first arm reach and first word, but who's keeping track?). And she did repeat it later! I came out to see her during a break from work and came up behind her as she was holding onto the couch. She looked back and saw me and voila - two more steps, this time in my direction! Hip, hip, hooray!

I'm so proud of my baby girl and so excited to have reached this major milestone. Now, to go shoe shopping!

No comments: